Registration and networking breakfast
Welcome and opening remarks from the Chair
Entrepreneur and Broadcaster
Outlook for the economy and property sector
Managing Director – Residential & Advisory, Sherry FitzGerald
Planning ahead: Shaping Ireland’s future growth and development
Chairman, Reddy Architecture + Urbanism, Director, Academy of Urbanism, Director, Property Industry Ireland
Director of Strategic Delivery & Policy, Cairn Homes
Managing Director, Tom Phillips & Associates
Decarbonising the building sector by 2050 – expected changes in legislation Is legislation is going to impact the sector? How?
The EU policy landscape: what’s on the horizon for the real estate sector?
Head of Research, BPIE (Building Performance Institute Europe), Brussels
Improving performance on delivering major projects
Large real estate projects continue to fail and underperform due to their increased complexity. We’ll hear how improvements in supply chain and collaboration, embracing digital and being more agile can improve efficiency and productivity when it comes to delivering major building projects.
Head of Real Estate and Major Programmes, Europe, Turner and Townsend
ESG: Meeting the challenges of the changing regulatory environment
Partner, Funds & Investment Management, Maples Group
Mary Liz Mahony
Of Counsel in Maples and Calder's Construction team, Maples Group
How does the CSRD & SFDR impact the real estate sector?
Sustainability has been a key concern for the EU for many years which has led to significant EU legislation, including the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD). As a sector that heavily impacts the environment and society, the CSRD will require real estate companies that fall within its scope to report on a range of ESG issues, such as energy efficiency, carbon emissions, social responsibility, diversity and inclusion:
- What does the CSRD and EU Taxonomy mean for the real estate sector?
- How are ESG principles driving real estate investment? The challenges of integrating the E of ESG into sustainable investment decision-making
- Investor action in supporting the transition to net zero buildings: What key actions can policymakers and regulators take to incentivise investment in green buildings and support alignment of real estate holdings with net zero?
- Priority policy and regulatory interventions necessary to achieve net zero building
Chartered Surveyor, Lecturer at Technological University Dublin & Board Member Property Services Regulatory Authority
Property Fund specialist, Aviva
MSCSI MRICS Director, RICS, Registered Valuer, TWM
Networking break and exhibition viewing
Residential market trends and forecast
What’s in store for the private rented sector?
- Is apartment construction heading for a slowdown?
- Are rising interest rates and planning delays driving investors away?
- Creating a viable rental market for tenants and landlords
- Policy responses
Economist, NESC & author of Private Rental in Ireland in 2023 report
Director, Mitchell McDermott
Obstacles and solutions to delivering Dublin’s affordable housing at scale
According to recent research, Dublin has one of the lowest concentrations of low-cost or affordable housing in the world, reflecting the huge affordability gap facing housebuyers in the capital. With affordable housing being key to ensuring Dublin retains the talent and skills of key workers, how can it successfully deliver the volume needed? What are the obstacles and solutions for financing affordable housing?
Managing Director, Amvic Ireland
CEO, Fingal County Council
Director of Housing & Planning, Construction Industry Federation
Managing Director, Mortgage Navigators
Is retirement living set for a golden age?
What are the key challenges the senior living sector must overcome if it is to grow to the larger scale seen in other countries
Countries such as Australia have led the way with purpose-built retirement communities that people want to be part of, while in Ireland, the sector remains undeveloped. However, with our rapidly aging population and the shift towards rent culture in Ireland, could the golden days of retirement product be on their way?
Introduction from Tom Sheridan, Head of Development, Tetrarch Capital Limited
author of Rethinking Housing Options for Senior Citizens
Founder, TAHC Ltd.
CEO, Circle Housing
Networking lunch & exhibition viewing
Welcome back from the Chair
Entrepreneur and Broadcaster
How to revitalise our town centres
Alison (Ali) Harvey
Principal Planner & Project Manager, Nicholas O'Dwyer Ltd
CEO, Property District
Galway’s Ceannt Project: Compact growth and regeneration
Project Ceannt is described as one of the largest urban regeneration schemes in the history of the State, with scope to build several hundred houses/apartments, along with retail, food outlets, a hotel and an arts space next to the rail/bus station and overlooking Eyre Square. We’ll hear how this project will create “A new heart for an old city”
Architect Principal, BDP Ltd (Building Design Partnership)
Founding Partner, Summix
The office marketplace
- How will flexible working and digitisation continue to impact the office market?
- What investment is needed and the economics of retrofitting in order to avoid stranded assets?
- The market for green and sustainable buildings: What are the threats and opportunities?
- Repurposing opportunities – residential, healthcare, life sciences, urban logistics, leisure facilities.
Managing Director, Scott Tallon Walker (STW) Architects
Head of Offices, Cushman & Wakefield
Retail, hospitality and Industrial
- How is retail performing?
- The outlook for the hospitality sector
- With ecommerce driving distribution, logistics and warehouse demand, investors continue to expand in this sector
- What will the next chapter of industrial hold?
Head of Research, Colliers Ireland
Managing Director, M7 Ireland
Corporate Development Director, Dalata Hotel Group